[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

525I INFO

have had a few 525i's since 1990. The '90 with the M20 (sohc) motor was a
bit underpowered, and had a head gasket problem since about 40,000 miles.
The dealer was unable to find the reason for the loss of coolant and at
about 90,000 the head was removed to finally replace the gasket and
several cracks were found. Their dealer gave them a good trade for the car
as-is to get them into a newer 5.(this was the same dealer that had said
that there was nothing wrong with the old car despite the consistant
coolant loss) They currently have a 93 525iT and a 94 525i sedan and both
(with about 40,000 miles each) have been trouble free and the M50 motor
performs much better. Overall, they've been really good cars, in my
opinion, that are fun to drive and reasonably roomy (at least compared to
trying to fit a car seat, stroler and other new baby stuff into our E36
sedan). I'd imagine that with a chip and some suspension work, they'd be
quite fun at a drivers school as well.
Mike Ottati
95 325i Alpine white
95 318i Jet Black