[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re: E30 clutch problems

John:

Had it happen twice to me in two 86 E30's.  Both times it was the clutch
master (the one at the pedal) cylinder.  Bought the part (Mesa Performance
- - http://home.earthlink.net/~mesa/  they also told me how to install) and
installed it myself in about an hour and half.  It's not terrible, but not
particularly easy to do.  you unbolt it from the clutch pedal, and then go
under it the car on the drivers side, and unbolt the hydralic line..not at
the cylinder, but at the other end of the hydralic line...easy to see...and
pull it out.  The tricky part is reinstalling the metal line tight enough
to hold, loose enough to move it side to side when threading it all back
thru the firewall, and the tricky part...small hands, or lots of
patience....then tightening that bolt up so it doesn't leak.  It can be
done...once you get the wrench (10mm, I think), it's only a half turn or
so.

Best,

Jeff