[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

96/97 M3 Performance Upgrades?

Has anyone out there modified a '96 M3?  I've been told that the chip is
permanently installed, making EPROM swaps impossible.  Since all the
other usual mods (exhaust, throttle body, air filter, euro airbox, mass
air flow meter, or a supercharger) require a different chip, performance
improvements would not be available for '96 and later M3s.

Turner Motorsports said that any modification to the new computers would
require a completely different harness.  Tell me it isn't so!  How does
one go racing with a '96 or later?  What about the big push BMW is
making in touring car racing?  Something doesn't add up.  Any comments
would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Gregory Prinsze
Deposit on '97;
having second thoughts