[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<E12> year of design modifications, <E28> power stirring

My cousine recently bought a E12 520, it should be '78 according to papers.
It has small rear lights and flat hood (is that the word) in the middle, all
the signs of older E12 design. As I had the same car from '75 and after that
the one from '78 having large rear lights and  all other new design features
I would like to know: which is the year the design of E12 was changed and
could my cousin's car really be '78 ? Would't be nice to know that
something's not right with papers, althoug the car is in good shape, and it
doesn't make a much difference.
I also have a problem with my E28 520i power stirring. It become very hard,
especially there's a problem when getting the wheels back to straight line.
I checked the oil, it's O.K. Does it have to be the pump ? The stirring got
a little bit easier again, but not good, so I dont know what to think. There
was a same question here a week ago, but no answer (not in digest as I
know).
Thanks for any usefull information,

Nikola Korunovic
Nis, Yugoslavia