[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: bmw-digest V5 #135

Tom Davidson writes:

>Has anyone had experience (good or bad) with "Steve" the BMW locator
>guy who works with dealers to find cars at good prices?

I asked this question a few months ago, got a few responses and have
been meaning to give a report.  Well, better late than never....

I purchased my '96 318is through Steve Diamond, the BMW CCA member who
advertises a part-time car buying referral service in the back of the
Roundel.  Steve has made agreements with several dealers to sell cars
to CCA members at the dealer's cost plus a fixed profit.  Steve is an
"amateur" in this business in both the original and present meanings
of the word.  He is an enthusiastic, non-professional broker who runs
his buying service in his spare time because he enjoys doing it.  As I
found out on my order, this has some obvious benefits and drawbacks.
Judging by the final result, I am quite happy with Steve's work and
can well recommend him.

A very good reason I can is the dealer Steve Diamond referred me to,
Allan Rhodes of Bluegrass Honda/BMW.  I won't bore you with all the
good things I could say about Allan, instead, I will note the only
criticism I can think of at the moment: I think Allan is too
modest. :)

When I placed my order, in April, Steve was taking his commission when
you paid the dealer.  He may have changed his procedure since then.

With regards from John.
'96 318is

- --
John Firestone, Alfred Wegener Institut   jfiresto@domain.elided
 fuer Polar- und Meeresforschung             +49 (471) 4831 363
Postfach 120161, D-27515 Bremerhaven          ..  ...  .... 149 (fax)
GERMANY