[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: bmw-digest V5 #145

> I'm looking for info and suggestions on which model (used) BMW would
> be most suitable for daily driver status at a cost of $10-15K.

   You would just make a '88 or '89 735i in that range.

> I need a car which will comfortably cover 25-30K mi/yr.

   I think you want a 7er with this kind of mileage.

> I'm interested in a car
> which may be under appreciated at the moment,

   I think the 7s are the most under appreciated BMWs available.

> Are older 5 or 6 series cars  good bet?

   Not compared to an E32 7er.  The 6 series is basically a older 5
series chassis with an older and heavier body (altho certainly
beautiful).  The E32 7er is about the same weight but will out handle
the 6er because of better suspension and better weight distribution.
There's also more horsepower from the 3.5L engine.