[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: '79 Euro 635Csi: Inertia Switch

> I have a 1979 Euro 635Csi.  In my glove box on the left hand side above the
> accessory area there is a black plate.  On the other side of that plate is a
> white tube about 6 inches long and about the size of a quarter.  On the end
> of the tube is a switch that says Inertia Switch Ltd.  It pushes in or out.
> Any idea what it is?

It's the crash sensor for the central locking. If the car is in any impact
the switch will trip and the drivers door will unlock. The unlocking of the
drivers door will then unlock the other door(s). The system is reset by
simply pushing the button. It will only operate when the key is in the
accessory/ignition position.

You can test it by pulling the switch while the doors are locked (remember
to have the key on). The drivers lock is spring loaded so it will make a
bang when released. The drivers door will no longer lock until the switch is
reset.

Have fun!

  Paul

- --
Paul Marshall                                  Phone : +1 (214) 997 5954
Texas Instruments                              FAX   : +1 (214) 997 3428
EC II                                          email : scotsman@domain.elided
Dallas, Texas                                  msgid : KILT
USA