[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

E30 brakes?

John Thomas asked
>I just finished installing pads and rotors on my '87 325 last night and
>wanted to ask about the stainless steel allen bolts which hold the
>caliper onto the mounting bracket.  The Bentley manual and the BMW
>manual recommend replacing this bolt whenever you change pads

Many people use these a few times.. my mechanic told me I could so I
did..

>One last question, the pads I used are Pagid from Germany which Bavarian
>Autosport represented as OEM for my car.  Just one day has brought back
>memories of those days...my wheels are already a dingy grey.

I have a set of Pagids and agree - they are dirty as hell. They do
stop really well though. Stone cold. Metallic pads tend to take some
warming up.. the Pagids are 100% from the get go.
Most people metallic pads because they are cleaner.

chris pawlowicz
'89 325i