[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<E36> Mine's OK

I just had to send a note to say that there is nothing currently wrong with
my '96 328I, and nothing has been wrong.
        After all the griping about whistling, major tramlining, gloveboxes,
heater controls, center vent seperations, tapping in the engine compartment,
buzzing flappers in the exhaust tips, bad door seals, CD problems, leather
seats, cloth seats, automatics, shuddering clutches, fogged headlight
covers, colored turn signal markers, halogen headlights, dirty wheels from
brake dust, water based paint, wood trim, lack of wood trim, etc., etc.,
etc., ad infinitum.  I just wanted to post one message that says that my BMW
is working fine.
        Don't get me wrong, I want the digest to continue as it is,
occasionally a real good tip comes along that I may find useful.  Tramlining
comes to mind.  I cannot understand why BMW puts Dunlop sport 2000 on the
328's with sport suspension.  I don't care much for the tire and as soon as
they are worn out, I plan on putting on a set of Bridgestone RE-71's,
assuming a better tire does not come along which I can afford :).
But I am pretty sure that the car itself is not to blame, just the tires.
        Of course I just griped also but the basic difference is I think the
car is fine, the tires stink but not the car.
        So just to reitterate, I'm OK with my BMW, it works, it works well,
nothing is broke, fogged, seperated,, buzzing, etc.
        We now return you to your regular diet of interesting tidbits of
technical input regarding your favorite ultimate driving machine.
        I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!

Marty McBride
96 328I, sport susp, Jet Black