[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Window film removal

Well I had to remove the light tint from the front two door of my E28 to pass Pa
inspection.  Here is what I did:  First I used a heat gun to warm the film up ,
then I started at the forward most corner of the window with a razor blade and
lifted up about a half of an inch of the film from the window.  Then using the
heat gun on the film where I was pulling from the window I was able to remove
both windows worth of film in less than 15 minutes!  About 3/4 inch around the
sides and upper edge had some limited glue residue.  Using a fresh razor blade
for each window, I was able to remove better than 85% of the glue.  For the
remainder, I used a product that I just happen to see in the checkout line at
Lowe's, large home center supply store, a product named "OOPS".  It claimed to
remove glue residue,  It really worked well.  Removing the rest of the glue took
about 10 minutes.  This is probably the least amount of time I have ever spent
on any car related task from start to finish!  Hope this helps someone else.

Regards,

Joe Fahy
'88 ///M5
'74 911S