[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Factory Shop Manuals (Paper & CD ROM)

Luearns Wrote this week:

>We just signed up for this great digest last week, so excuese us if we do
>something wrong here...  In May, 1995 I purchased a 1991 318i manufactured in
>11/90, from a private party.  He purchased it in Germany while he was in the
>Air Force.  In looking around after I purchased it, I found that any bmw I
>saw that looked like mine was a 325.  The owner's manual has information in
>it for 318i, 318is/covertible, 325i/convertible, and a 325ix.  My boyfriend
>has had bmw's all of his driving life and also works on them.  We are a
>little puzzled as we also cannot find a technical manual for it.  The dealers
>we have visited say that it is not out yet.  If anyone out there knows
>anything about this car we would be most happy to get the information.  The
>VIN # is: WBAAJ9319MEJ04762.  Also, If anyone can tell us where we might find
>any manuals we would really be greatful.
>
>Thanks,
>LUEARNS
>
>You are correct in your assumption that 325's 318's etc "LOOK" alike. They
share many common features and specifications. Your 91 318i, purchased in
Germany is considered a "Euro" or "Grey-Market" BMW, as it has many European
specs & features. First ???  has the car been certified to DOT (Dept of
Transportation) Safety Specs ala lights, bumpers,etc?? & 2nd has it been
certified ala EPA (Enviromental Protection Agency) What an acronym here (
We're here to PROTECT you from your car. ya right!!! To continue.....

BMW makes it VERY DIFFICULT for Do-it-Yourselfers to obtain info on fixing
your own car. Books, manuals & info are hard to come by & the BMW Dealers
DISCOURAGE you from getting  them because.......GUESS WHAT "They want you to
bring the car to them !!!!! So they can have their supposedly "Factory
Trained Mechanics" work on your car for $50-75 @ hr. Most of these well
intentioned techs RARELY if EVER see a Euro Grey Market car. Basically they
learn every time someone brings a Grey Market BMW to them ( And guess WHO
pays for the learning experience !!!!! YOU that's who !!!! )This is not a
"KnocK" on Factory Techs.....but judging from commentary here on the digest,
only people with fat wallets or no tech smarts take their Bimmer to da dealer!

Bottomline here......Our Company Dealer Marketing has the LARGEST supply of
BMW Factory original publications available anywhere. We STOCK all of the
Factory Shop Manuals (in english for E-30 3 seriers 84-91, E28 5 series
82-88, E-23 7 series 83-87, E-32 NEW 7 series 735-750 88-92, E-34 NEW 5
series 89-91 525-535i. AND soon to be released 6 SERIES books covering 3
sets of 6 Series 78-82, 83-86, & 87-88. We are also in the process of having
the ORIGINAL 2002 Factory Shop Manuals printed & "Drum Roll Please" will
have most of these available on CD ROM within 60 days!In addition we have
Electrical Troubleshooting & Schematic Manuals from 320i thru the latrest
850i & Z3 models.

We are happy to provide them.. manuals & NEW CD ROMS to the Diy'er so that
you can save $$$ by working on your own BMW thereby achieving the
"Satisfaction" of doing it yourself, AND SAVING $$$$ in the long run.Look at
it this way. A $95 Manual we sell Basically cost you roughly 2 hrs labor at
the dealer !!! For a 10lb over 1000 page book you get to KEEP!

PLEASE COME VISIT OUR Newly Expanded (now over 30 pages) BMW Parts Website
listed below Click on "Product Catalog" then GO TO "Library Literature".
WE'VE GOT WHAT YOU WANT !!

Hope this helps.......We look forward to helping you as we've helped so many
other DIY'ers. HAVE A SUPER-DUPER DAY!!!  Hot Rodd Sidney
Rodd Sidney                  BMW Dealer Marketing Web Page
bmwrodd@domain.elided     http://dealermarketing.home.ml.org
               Orderline 1-203-2071