[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Track tire questions

Hi all,
I'm contemplating geting a set of soft compound tires for drivers schools
and autocrosses. I'm reached the point where I plan on doing them regularly
and it makes sense to me to have a separate set of tires for the situation,
rather than suffering with and wearing out street tires. I don't plan on
shaving them, since (1) I'd like them to last for a while, (2) I'm not
really after that last tenth of a second off my times and (3) I'd like to
be able to safely and leagly get to and from events on them.
Here are my current considerations"
comp TA R1
A008RS
Yoko Ao32 Road Race
Anyone with experience and comments on any of these or other brands out
there? Is not shaving them a bad idea in general?
I plan on using 225/50-15 on a set of 15 x 7 bmw alloys, the car is a 95
325iA.
Thanks, hope to hear soon,
Mike Ottati