[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 328i Sport Seats

Ouch! I have the same problem, at least as regards
the back of my legs.  This weekend I went to Monterrey,
and on the obligatory drive down to Pfieffer my legs started
hurting like crazy.  I played with the seat position until
I found one that helped a bit.  The idea was to maximize the
contact area between me and the car seat.

Now, I'm 6'3", so I couldn't raise the seat too much (without
getting too close to the roof).  By increasing
my seat angle I can, but then my arms don't quite reach
comfortably (I usually drive arms "straight out", but shifting
turned into a problem cuz I couldn't reach 5th very well,
I found myself pushing the stick with my fingers B-).  By
playing around with it, I finally found a happy medium.

HOWEVER, what is it with these seats?  While I do appreciate their
grabbing power in hi-g cornering (like I ever get to do that kinda
stuff in my daily commute), they are hardly comfortable.  And whats
with the extendable thigh support?  Has anyone been able to use this?
Argh.  I guess I'm just to big for my car B-)

If anyone gets the dealer to swap the seats for them, let me know.
I would not be adverse to the idea.

Carlos
328i Sports (the modern kind B-( ), Alpine/Sand Interiors (anyone in the Bay Area wanna trade seats?), HK, 5sp