[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: <E28> 1984-88 E 28 #6 fuse is blowing.....

Hi Henri.

> Any digest members with  E-28   528e-535i With 100k miles
> which was blowing the #6 fuse ?
> I am picking up this car from Omaha on  Saturday....... and  could use
> any helpful suggestions. (Copy  my  letter and add your remarks in your
> response to me directly)

> The fuse does not blow immmediately, but in a short while after getting
> under way......
> Chief suspect so far is the  passenger side power seat.

Funny you should mention this problem.  I am having the *exact* same
problem with my 83 528e right now!  But it has 265k miles. 8^)  Just
as a datapoint, I do not have power seats or the OBC on my older 528, so
you may be able to rule these out.  Unfortunately, *all* components are
suspect, but more important, the wiring is highly suspect.  I'm quite
convinced that something is shorting out and blowing the fuse.

I hope to resolve this problem this weekend.  Ben T. suggested the rear
taillights as being the problem.  I took them all apart and cleaned them,
but this doesn't appear to be the cause.  I have noticed that sometimes,
the fuse blows immediately - other times, it waits minutes before it
blows.  When I figure it out, I'll let you know.

Intermittent electrical problems are the biggest pains in the ass.  They
only seem to happen when I'm trying to get the car ready for a driver's
school! 8^(

Regards,
 .steve.
1983 528e 265400 miles
1987 528e  99300 miles
p.s. Speaking of E28s, if anyone is considering buying Filippo's M5,
you'll be getting one of the finest M5s around (even if the q-Tip weenies
disagree 8^)).

| Steven J. Bernstein              E-mail: bernstein@domain.elided |
| P.O. Box 11242           WWW: http://www.interactive.net/~stevenb/ |
| Hauppauge, NY 11788 USA    __________       VOICE: +1 718 740 7411 |