[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<02> buying a 72tii, I've got questions

     Well while I was whining to the body shop guy about the cost fixing the
body on my 76 2002 He asked me a Great Question. "Jay why don't you just by
my 72 tii for $3000 and make one great car out of two good ones?" Well why
don't I?  So  on Friday I go pick up my new car.  It sounds weird to call it
a new car it is as old as I am(damn ungrateful kids driving BMWs).  It has
only a few flaws.  If  you can help me fix it I will let you DRIVE it.
 First problem the car cuts out after is driven for about 5 miles but it
will idle for a half an hour. In the last five years it has been driven for
maybe 10,000 Miles.  It might be just dirt in the fuel.  If I have read
everything right there a five filters and screens, 1 in the tank, 1 in the
fuel pump, two inline filters and one in the injection pump.  My first
mission is to clean and replace the filters and screens, and drain the tank.
 Any other ideas?  Second problem is the shifter feels like JELLO If I am in
any gear I can move the shifter 3 inches or so left to right and it will not
center it self in neutral it just falls to the side.  Third problem is I
have to reinstall the window regulator on the passenger side door is it easy
or a pain in the ass.  But the body is great, lots of new seals, the
interior is 90 % and it is the brightest red I have ever seen (not stock).
 It is Bethesda Maryland so If you are bored like beer and pizza and are
good with the fuel injection Come On!  If not drop me a line any help would
be a great.

Thanks,
Jay Goddard
72 2002tii
76 2002
94 Kawasaki ZX9R (has more Hp than either car)