[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: bmw-digest V5 #134

At 07:52 PM 8/21/96 -0400, you wrote:
Wanting to change that stereo in the 535? Keep it stock, or go all out.
I had a '92 525. Kept all stock but added a alpine 3555 amp (50w x 4). Not
worth the time money or problems. I then Replaced front speakers with boston
Pro 6.5 separates and ran off the 3555 (150w x 2). Added a center channel in
front of the stick (under the ashtray), it was needed with the larger car.
Then added another 3555 amp to two 12" subs in the trunk (firing towards the
rear of the car. Of course, an Alpine cd headunit was used. I put some money
into the car, but it finally sounded the way I felt it should. Subs were
overpowering if I lrt them. DO NOT CUT INTO THE CAR TO GET BASS. It is not
needed and you lose a bit of what a BMW is by cutting away at the metal.

Paul Smith
'92 352i sport
Paul G Smith
Ontario Systems Corporation