[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 97 3 series facelift....or not

Eric Sternberg writes:

>> From: Sbmw635csi@domain.elided
>> Subject: What does 97 3 series facelift look like
>>
>> To many and all,
>>
>> Has anyone seen pictures of the revised 97 3 series front end.  If so please
>> email and point me in the right direction.  Note: I have already seen the 99
>> photos of the next generation 3.  But what does this last E36 revision look
>> like and will it apply to the M3 as well????
>
>This is according to my salesman "friend" (he bought my TriFlow) over at
>JMK BMW in Springfield, NJ.
>
>There is NO change to the '97 3 series. It is identical to the 96's and
>so on.

The auto magazines I have seen show the '97 3ers with a double-kidney
grill that is broadened at the top to look more like the 5ers and
7ers.  I also seem to remember that ASC+T will come standard on the
6-cylinder models - but I better double check this.

These changes are for the German/European market.  I don't know if or
when they will apply elsewhere.

- -John
'96 318is

- --
John Firestone, Alfred Wegener Institut   jfiresto@domain.elided
 fuer Polar- und Meeresforschung             +49 (471) 4831 363
Postfach 120161, D-27515 Bremerhaven          ..  ...  .... 149 (fax)
GERMANY