[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Future owner

I have recently become a BMW enthusiast of sorts, and really enjoy this
forum.  It helps prospective buyers learn alot from onhand owners.   I am
just about to purchase a 1986 735i (Yeah, its plenty big) with 82,000k miles.
 Its been garaged since 92 and just purrs like a kitten.  I will be acquiring
it for 400$ under the wholesale value of the car.  6500$------  Is there
anything I should look out for with this year and model?  Possible problems
that might show up.  If anyone owns one near my year, Id be interested in
hearing how many MPG they are getting.  One last thing, you always
hear..."BMW??...your crazy....arent the parts going to cost you a
fortune?".....I, like most people, understand the price of foreign parts is
going to be higher, but honestly I've been trying to keep my 1988 Jeep
Wrangler, with 115,000 miles, (Straight 6) running smooth and its cost me
around 600$ a year (at least) on common upkeep.  Am I making a bad decision
here??  I just need some answers and I know I'm asking the right people.

Future Bimmer owner----

Jared