[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

What's the HYPE with the "JIM C" chips?

Hello fellow Bimmer Heads,

I've been reading the digest for a few weeks now.  Lots of good info.  Some of
you may have already heard from me, as I have replied directly to several
postings.

I need some info and/or result data regarding aftermarket chips.  I see that
there are quite a few owners who are impressed with the "JIM C" chip.  Who is
he?  What's the deal with his chip?

Also, does anyone have any performance data on the "DINAN" chip?  Several
digesters have mentioned this as well.  Does it perform?  What type of gains
should one expect?

I'll bet everyone is wondering what this chip will be installed in; Well here
it goes.  I am the proud owner of a '95 M3, Dakar Yellow, OZ Mito II wheels
(18"), H&R adjustable coil over suspension, K&N filter charger, RD headers
blowing through a B&B Fab free flow exhaust.  On the interior there are custom
Dakar Yellow treatments to the center panels on all seats and door panels, and
sounds are provided by Alpine and ADS.  Hope to have this car in show
condition soon.

I think the performance chip is all that I'm lacking to really set this
machine off.  Thanks in advance for any and all assistance.

Send response to:  craz-e-bone@domain.elided    OR
                              100545.3346@domain.elided

Thanks Again,
Eric