[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re: 1984 745i Resale Value?

>From: "Victor L. Trucco" <trucco@domain.elided>
>Date: Tue, 20 Aug 1996 07:47:31 -0700
>Subject: 1984 745i Resale Value?
>
>I am looking for a market value on a '84 745i with 144k on it.  I think
>it's worth between $7500-$8000 but the seller is asking $11,000.  The
>car is in good shape with many new parts and accessories.  It has a 4
>spd Auto in it.  All EPA mods have been made.  Am I off in my value
>assessment?  Input from 745i owners would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Victor

We just sold (4 days ago) an '86 745i, 90k, good Buffallo interior,
repainted Diamond Black that was peeling on the roof, A/C inop. and a few
other fixer-upper items.  This car was part of a Federal Bankruptcy Court
disposition and had to go fast.  Best offer took it..........$2400.  I
guess that might have as much to do with my opinion of the turbo
Burgermeister mobile as anything.  Put this in your data base for
calculating the value of the 144k car.

- -Phil Marx