[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE:<E30 M3> Running hot. HELP!

     Anthony Le <anthony.le@domain.elided> wrote:

     My 88 M3 has been running pretty hot while idling
     lately.  The temp guage shows a bit over 1/2 when I'm
     moving, but climbs up (about 15 sec) to 3/4 & above
     when I idiling at a stop.  The car cools down when I
     begin moving again.  The main engine fan is working.
     I can't stop it from turning.  <SNIP>

     BTW, the fan aux fan is working and there is 2
     electrical connectors coming out of what seems to be
     the thermostat.  One has 3 wires green, black, and
     gray&black.  Can't seem to get the other one off.

     The E30 M3 cooling system works so well that most of the time the aux
     fan only runs when the main fan clutch has given up or when AC is
     running. My aux fan wires are botched, so no over-temp action, but its
     on the bottom of my list.

     I would suspect the fan clutch (still) or the coolant thermostat.
     Also, how is your reservoir cap ?

     Bob T