[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<E36>Fog Lights

This may be addressed to everyone out there...(but for reference I have a
93 325is)  Has anyone tried replacing the fog light bulbs with something
different i.e. bulbs from PIAA or Catz by FET?  They have same wattage
(55w) H3 bulbs.  Or has anyone tried installing the aforementioned
lighting system using the wiring harness provided in the car?  I've read
lot of comments in here about people having problems with the original fog
lights such as, lens cracking, bulbs constantly blowing out, etc.
Luckily, I've not had these problems thus far with my fog lights.  I was
just thinking if I do encounter problmes with the original fog lights,
maybe I should consider other options.  I've gotten so used to these fog
lights that I always use it whenever I turn my headlights on.  So, I would
like to continue using fog/driving lights if my original fog lights go
south.  It would be really convenient if PIAA's or Catz's lights could use
the factory wiring harness then I could just go on using the fog light
switch next to the headlight switch.  So has anyone tried any of the
methods I mentioned above or does it sound feasible?
Again...thanks in advance...

FDK