[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: accident- be careful out there

Blair Robertson poignantly shared his experience with us:

"Just thought I'd share a grim story, just as a reminder we are not
invincible. After returning from a w/e away yesterday, I came over a hill on
I-10 about 30 sec after a guy had gone off the road and straight into a
bridge support. By the time I got to him, he had no pulse in one arm, not
much of one in the other, and a neck that was cover in so much blood it was
nearly impossible to get a carotid pulse.... I guess the whole point of
this diatribe is not to get flamed for a non-BMW related topic, but just to
let it out, and remind people to take care. I am sitting here debating on
whether to post this, it is not meant to be melodramatic, it is not asking
for sympathy, it is just to share an experience that has made me sit up, and
realize life IS short, lets enjoy it. We learn from experience, in this
case, from someones else's unfortunate perspective."

Blair- I'm sure this was difficult to deal with, and we on this list should
be honored just to have shared in your emotional experience.

It is a shame that Blair should have been concerned about being flamed for
this post, but I don't blame him, based on some of the petty foolishness to
which we have been subjected.  I hope his thoughts are appreciated, because
he has the right idea.

Jay Kenty
'93 E36 325i