[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE:535is diff

Scott,

I did this swap in my '88 535is.  I got a 3.73 LSD from an E30 325is from
Jim Dowd.  It bolts right in, once you swap the back plate (which has the
mounting bolts) and the output flanges.  It takes a couple of hours to
do.  The rpm's are slightly higher, and the gas mileage may be slightly
lower, but I don't notice much difference, and moving the power band down
really quickens up the car.  I definately recommend the swap.  Plus, the
3.25 LSD that came in your car is perfect for a 528e, and you can sell
your diff for the same price you pay for your newly used one.  A great
no-cost improvement.  Of course, if you do lots and lots of highway
driving, you may not want the increased revs.

Ian
'76 M2002
'88 535is