[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Sunroof Woes

Date: 1996-08-19 11:13

Help.....   I have an 83 528e with an electric sunroof. It currently doesn't
open or close.  If I hold the button towards the back, I can grab the roof
and pull it back. It will not move unless I hold the button.  I can close it
by holding the button and pulling it closed but it gets difficult when the
roof gets to the end.  It pops the back of the sunroof down when you
press the button and pops it back up when you get to the end, but it
doesn't move it back and forth.  Broken cable maybe??? Does anyone
know how to check the cables to see if they are broken or stretched ??.
Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
     Mike
     '83 528e just turned 193k