[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Clearcoated or not?

Phil Marx writes:
"...When the Alpine White II became a clearcoat its number changed from 218
to 300..."

I have been under the impression since day one that my '93 E36 325i was
clearcoated, so I checked the black tag as Phil described.  It indicated
"BMW-alpinweiB II".  Assuming that the "II" implies clearcoated, this should
mean my car is clearcoated per Phil's description, right?.  But the color
code was listed as "218/0" , which by Phil's description would mean
pre-clearcoat.

Phil, or anyone else- is the car clearcoated or not?  (Maybe the "II"
indicates an evolution of the white, not the clearcoat.)

Jay Kenty