[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tires

>The local "Tire Kingdom" is pushing the new Yokohama AVS S4-Z. I will need
>tires in the near future. I have had good luck in the past with Yoko AVS
>Intermediates on my since departed 528I. Does anyone have any info, good or
>bad, about these tires? .....

I just replaced my old metric wheels on my 635 with 16" wheels and Yokohoma
AVS S4-Z 225/50 tires.  I have been very happy with them so far (only 600
miles), they are very good in the rain and are not noisy.  I used them during
O'fest last week at Summit Point, autocross, and the safety school and they
have not show any wear or problems.  They seemed to hold the road good at a
very wet Summit Point.  This was my first drivers school so I can't offer an
experts opinion.

Their improvement over the terrible TRX tires in the rain is significant.  I
can't compare them to any other tires.  I paid $131 each for the tires at the
Tire Rack.

Jeff Sander  j_sander@domain.elided
Herndon, VA
'88 635CSi, '87 528e