[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: <2002. battery relocation

Jonathon,

I used a combination rear shock tower strut brace/battery pan from Import
Engineering to mount the battery in the trunk of my '76 '02.  The brace
looks like an inverted triangle, with the battery frame on the bottom.
This keeps the battery ahead of a line drawn between the two shock
towers, and leaves most of your trunk left for storage.  This is a neat
solution to the battery dilemma.  I use an Interstate Group 42 battery,
and haven't put it in a box or anything.  I used #2 gauge wire (got it at a
welding shop), and ran the wire through grommets in the backseat
bulkhead, and then inside the cabin, under the driver's seat and through a
pre-existing hole in the firewall to the starter.

Ian
'76 M2002
'88 535is