[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<E34> '91 M5 Opinions and Advice Needed!!

Okay, I've got the bug again.  Merely a year after getting my '95
530i/5-speed, I've found a '91 M5 blk/blk with 49,000km (~30,000 mi) on
it for sale locally.  Now I've got the itch to get the Motorsport car
I've always wanted for a fairly decent price with hopefully a decent
trade-in on my 530i.  I've yet to see the car, I will either on Monday
or Tuesday if it's not sold yet.  But before I go see the car, I'd like
some opinions on what to watch out for on these cars.  As it is usually
the case with high performance automobiles, if something breaks, it'll
be expensive.

Apparently the car has never been driven in winter and fully equipped.
What were the standard equipment on the car in '91??  Had the car
changed much from '91 to '93?  And mostly importantly, what should I be
listening or looking out for if I do test drive the car??  Are there
any serious gotchas with the inline six motor?  If something goes wrong
with the engine, I'd expect big bucks, so I'd rather be armed with the
good and right information than sorry.  As well, what kind of fuel
economy can I expect to get, especially compared to my 3.0 litre eight?
If you have any information, opinion, advice, or warnings please send
them to me at my e-mail address below, no need to flood the digest.
Thanks in advance and I hope that the Digest will be able to provide
lots of answers.  Oh yeah, one more thing, does anyone have the Dinan
chip in their E34 M5??  What kind of horsepower and torque increase can
be expected??  Thanks again.

Roy Kao
rkao@domain.elided

'95 530i/5-speed/Dinan