[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re: E36 Wipers

>>Solution: Rain-X.

You use your wipers less since the water just beads away when driving.
Only downside to Rain-X is that the first time you use it (make sure you
bon ami your windshield so that it's clean! <grin>), the effects of
watching the water droplets fly off can be quite "mesmerizing" ....>>

Thanks David,

But the fact is that I have used Rain X pretty regularly, and still, the
"wiper line," after and extended drive in the rain, develops --- perhaps the
"line" consists of acid rain mixing with exhaust vapors or other
contaminates. Yes, meticulousely cleaning the windshield with the best stuff
around, and using RainX, and changing wiper blades all the time will "reduce"
this problem, but as long as that silly passenger wiper stops dead in front
of my field of vision, something's gonna build up right there after a while.

Another note, in the Winter - especially in the NE -- this problem
multiplies!. You know that period of time when rain begins to freeze and even
with the defrost on you get a little ice build up...., or that long winter
drive at night back from Vermont where they have sanded and salted roads,
covering your headlights and windshield with brown semi-frozen crap --just
look at where that line begins to appear --- again the problem is because of
WHERE that wiper stops [right in front of your face], not necessarily that
there is build-up in the first place.

Someone suggested to me that the passenger wiper could be possibly lifted out
and snapped back in place at a slightly different angle, but that could cause
other problems, I'll follow up on this annoyance with my local dealer and see
if the right side wiper, which has no need to sweep so far across the
windscreen, can be adjusted...

.Tom

.1996 328is Green & tan      ||||||||||||||||||||||||||   Newtman@domain.elided
.Sports pckg, 5spd              || E36+M52 ||   73233.616@domain.elided
.ASC+T & Harmon Kardon   ||||||||||||||||||||||||||   L.I., N.Y. CCA#111050

.Added: Racing Dynamics Strut Brace
.           BMP/VDO E36 Gauge Cluster
.           BBS Moda 7.5 X 16 rims
.           M-Technic body Kit