[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<Paint protection> Bras, clear films etc.

Bob Sawyer wrote:

... <<The 3M company swears by it and says they use it on a lot of BMWs
to protect the paint from stone chips, etc.>> ...

Bob,

This sounds interesting.  Where can I find some info on this film ?

BTW, there is a company/product called STONGARD, it's somewhere on the Internet.
The product is basically a thin transparent film applicable to the paint
surface.  I got some marketing info from them with a sample of the material in
the mail.   It feels a bit delicate for my taste but assuming they aren't lying
about it's durability it sounds OK....  Except that it costs about !!! $250 !!!
<8-0 for essentially a bra equivalent !!!!!!!  I don't know about anybody else,
but for that kind of cash I am not buying it unless I hear every single other
BMW owner saying that they had it for the last 5 years and it worked. ;)

Another question I have (and this goes for all film type protectors) is - when
you apply it and then your car gets dirty or the film gets screwed up by stone
chips, what do you do ?  You peel it off and throw it out ?  Or, peel it off and
wash it !? (I think NOT).  And that after spending how much for it in the first
place ? ~ ????

So far it sounds to me like even for all it's faults a good bra is a winner.

Chris

96' E35 328is Montreal Blue / Gray Leather
Sports Package, 5 speed, AST, Heated Seats
Alpine / HK sound