[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

CD WHINE - OFF TO ENGINEERING

After the third try at fixing the whine from my CD player, the dealer has
given up.  They even called in the factory representative and he couldn't fix
the problem.  It would seem that all E36 - 96 coupes with the H/K stereo &
factory CD player have this whine problem.  (the service advisor went out to
the lot and started driving 328s & M3's and they all had the same problem -
in fact he couldn't find a car that didn't have the problem)

The dealer has documented everything they've done and have handed the problem
off to BMW Engineering.  I'm told in 4-6 weeks that I will have a fix.
  Should they come back and not have a fix, I'm going to request they pull
the stereo out, refund my money and have a good quality aftermarket system
installed.  (probably what I should have done to begin with - but I thought
getting the factory upgrade would be the "easy" way out)

Sooooo, I will update the Digest as things develop.

Stuart M.
96-M3

Things they tried already:
1.  individually replaced each component 3 separate times
2.  installed resistors & capacitors of varying degree
3.  ran a separate DIN cable along the left side of the car