[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Aluminium V8 bmw engines

>Perception will be more powerful than reality with these cars,
>when these cars hit the used market, they will be perceived as
distressed.

Henri:  You are thoughtful and perceptive guy. I enjoy your
discussions on the Digest.

In this case, I believe that BMW NA will make out O.K. for two reasons:

1.  Not many consumers have access to the calibre of information
that we get from the Digest.  They don't all know about the problems
that BMW is having with Sulfur and the V-8.  We do because some of
the Digester's have these cars and shared the info and fears with
us.

2.  Time dulls the memory.  Unless there is a huge lawsuit with the
attendant publicity, John Q Public will never hear of this problem.
 When he/she see a nice shiny 540i on the lot for 12-16K with
warranty remaining, HOLY COW!!! A new bimmeroid will be created.
They will or will not learn too late.  We can't save them and we
would be foolish to assume that the government will care enough to
save them.

Is this ethical of BMW NA to handle the problem in this manner?
Who knows,  though I suspect that we each have our opinions.

Bob Duckworth