[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

E30 OBC retrofit

Richard from the UK recently posted of his experience upgrading an '86
525i OBC (the one with the distance, mileage, CODE, etc. - NOT OBD, as
in engine diagnostics).  I've contacted Richard and he provided a
thorough explanation but he does not have any of the part numbers.  I
know that the OBC brain, keypad (interface), and two cables are
necessary.  Some other parts must be required to adapt or replace the
turn signal stalk.  Richard did not attempt the stalk retrofit.

Does anyone out there know any of the part numbers needed to
accomplish such an upgrade on an '89 325i?  Anybody done it?  I have
suspected for some time that this could be done and I am now trying to
answer the question.  If some of the harnesses are already in place, the
project should be do-able.  Please respond directly - save the bandwidth!