[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

harness bars

Bob,

I've used one of the European Auto harness bars w/5-point harness in my
2002 at the track.  While the security is fabulous, I've become a little
concerned about roll-overs after various instructors have regaled me with
tales of cars ending up with the rubber-side up.  Apparantly, in a
roll-over with a harness bar you are locked in position, and with any
damage to the roof you can suffer compression of the vertebrate and other
wonderful and painful back problems that arise from your spine attempting
to hold up the weight of your now-upside down car.

I'm opting to instead install a simple roll bar like the autopower models,
which have a hoop with struts that run to the back seat, along the side of
the car.  They allow you to use the back seat, and have a removeable cross
member on the front hoop, so you can have access to the back between track
events.

Just my 2002 cents,

Ian
'76 M2002