[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: buying a 1992 318iC

I hope this isn't one of those annoying notes you are talking about...

But I just wanted to tell you that thanks to your comments, I will probably buy
this 1992 318i Convertible, 47000 miles. And I'll be much more informed when I
do. If anyone else knows about this faulty profile gasket in this car, please
drop me a note. I asked the (st)dealer about it but you know how that goes. How
can I tell if it has been replaced? Is this something that I should stay away
from? Is there anything else I should know?

Is this car a second cousin to the 325iC or do you think it's better to buy the
newer 318iC or an older 325iC with more miles?

I really appreciate your time and help and tomorrow I'll hear back from the
mechanic whose checking it out so your comments will be much appreciated.

j.

- --
                                 jill smolin
                               training manager