[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Z3 and misc

Sean-

The accessories catalog for the Z3 shows two versions of wooden steering
wheel.  The European version is wood all around, and the US version is only
wood on the top and bottom, the sides are leather.  This seems to be due to
the different airbags used in the wheels.  The US version (IMHO) looks lame
and therefore isn't worth the money.  However, I would be willing to pay
some money (maybe not $1395) for a full wood roadster package  (Wheel,
console, shift know, handbrake, etc.)

The Market adjustment of $5k is a little out of line.  All dealers are
handling their allotment differently, but I know you can get one for much
less than that.  I put down a deposit at the beginning of Nov. '95.  I took
delivery in July.  And I paid list price.  But 2 weeks before I got the car
I was bargaining with another dealer for a car they already had on the lot.
We couldn't agree on a price because I wouldn't go above $2k over and he
wouldn't come down below $3k. (They still had the car on the lot a week
later)  But I would guess that in six months you'll be able to buy one off
the lot pretty easily, for not much, if any, over list.

- -Don
'96 Z3, Boston Green & Tan
(one minor owl dent :-(