[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 1600

> - What are the major differences between the 1600 and 1602 (my mechanic
>verified that the car has parts, especially brake bits, from both models) ?

It depends.  In the US most (all?) 1602's were called "1600" so there can
be some confusion between two and four door cars.  I don't know if this
is the case in Australia.  If the car has two doors then it is identical
to a 1602.  If it has four doors then many mechanical parts will be
identical but most body/interior parts will be different.  I believe that
early four door cars did not have the dual diagonal brakes that the '02s
came with after the earliest versions, so most brake parts are different,
but by 1970 the four doors may have come with the diagonal circuits or
the car could have been upgraded as it is an easy change.

> - Can I fit a turn indicator that will click off after turning a corner ?

My 1967 2000cs had self cancelling indicators, so I would assume your
problem is a bad indicator switch.  A new one should cancel properly.

> - Can I turn off the annoying (and battery flattening) "safety feature"
>that
>leaves the right side lights on when the ignition key is removed ?

Don't know.  In the US this only came on when the turn indicator was left
on when the car was shut off.  If this is different in Australia you
could maybe fit a US indicator switch (though the right side steering
wheel might prevent this).

> - Is there a way to upgrade the headlights to something newer and brighter ?

Hella H4s work well.  You should probably use a relay, though.

Good luck,
Ware
'72 & '74 2002tii