[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

328 auto vs manual

Here's my two cents. In looking for a used 325i conv. or 318 conv. I drove both
auto and stick. Inclined toward stick anyway, I found them to be two completely
different cars. If you're into driving, I don't see the point of an automatic.
It just seems to be a different car: heavier, sluggish. Kind of like it needs a
cup of coffee. The 318i 5sp conv - 1992, which I will probably end up buying -
also seems like a different breed. (I hate to say it, but it seems just a notch
better than my 80 rabbit conv. but I'm biased. I've been driving it since it
was new). But at least with the 5sp, you can get some life out of it.

On the note of affordability, what do you think is too many miles on a 325
conv? Is it better to get a newer 318 or an older 325?

Also, every dealer I spoke to asked me if I would mind red? What's with that?
Is there something wrong with red?

j.

- --
                                 jill smolin