[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

E36 Ball Joints and other related E36 problems

I had the ball joints on my '94 E36 replaced at 42,000 miles.  Word to
the wise -- if your car makes any noise when driving over bumps at slow
speeds (like over your driveway apron), have them replaced -- it
eliminates the tramlining on the highway..  Shortly after the
ball joint replacement my front brake rotors warped (also replaced under
the warranty).  Prior to replacement I drove the car with the bad joints
for about 3k miles -- I understand that this probably contributed to the
warped brake rotors.

I asked the dealer to go over the car (warranty about to expire), they
did the rotors, the idler pully for the A/C (noisy when A/C in use)
which also contributed to early wear on the A/C drive belt ($80 parts
and labor), replaced the exhaust system from the cat back, and replaced
three out of the four window gaskets which had rolled.