[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

1600

I need to do some work on my 1970 1600 and in case I can't find a manual (or
facsimile thereof), I pose these questions:

 - What are the major differences between the 1600 and 1602 (my mechanic
verified that the car has parts, especially brake bits, from both models) ?

 - Can I fit a turn indicator that will click off after turning a corner ?

 - Can I turn off the annoying (and battery flattening) "safety feature" that
leaves the right side lights on when the ignition key is removed ?

 - Is there a way to upgrade the headlights to something newer and brighter ?

 - Will a later model EFI manifold bolt on to the existing engine without
major hassles (I would prefer aftermarket EFI computer, loom & sensors to
factory equivalents)? What benefits would be gained?

 - Is it reasonable to replace the worn factory springs with lowered springs
having a higher rate ?  I have read that this reduces the "streetability" of
'02s, does the same go for 1600's ?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.
Cameron van den Heuvel