[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Groaring and Vent windows

>> the moulding on my driver's side
>> window is peeling off (the wide, 3" band that separates the driver's window
>> from the second window further back).
>
>You're not the only one who had this happened to them.  Another 318ti
>owner on the digest, Shawn Collins (I think?  Correct me if I got the
>wrong person), also had this happened to his car.

Yup, that was me.  It's the b-pillar tape, it's been replaced once on the
passenger side already, and I'm awaiting more to replace it again.  The
dealer offered to leave it off, but I like the flat-black look.  Maybe
they could paint it instead (did that on my last car & it stood up great).

As for the 'Groaring' noise, I think it's neat.  Sounds like the car is
just tired and gives a big sigh.  My wife & I get a kick out of it every
time -- usually compliments our moods.

Here's a new one, probably for all ti & is owners: Drove down to Boston
last week for Macworld, and I had the windows down & sunroof open for the
morning while it was cooler.  Stopped at a rest area and decided to open
the two rear vent windows, got back on the highway, hit a small bump,
FWUMP!, FWUMP!  They both closed!  Pieces of sh**, I said.  Here's the
deal: both windows were open and in their 'locked' position -- I'm
positive.

Shawn
'95 318ti (Jet Black/Anthracite, Sport Pkg.)