[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: <E34> Electrical Questions

Todd,

See answers in CAPS below.

<snip>

(1)  The passenger's door will unlock the car when it is both central-locked
(normal) and double-locked, but it will not central-lock nor double-lock the car;
; it will only lock itself and nothing else.  Electrical flaw or "safety
feature"?

I BELIEVE THAT IS AN ELECTRICAL FLAW.  ON MY 1990 525I, BOTH PASSENGER AND
DRIVER'S DOOR LOCK WILL CENTRAL-LOCK, DOUBLE-LOCK, AND UNLOCK ALL DOORS.

(2)  Does the engage-reverse-gear-passenger's-side-mirror-tilt-down feature work
in E34's of this year?  Mine doesn't (1990 5-speed 535i).

I DON'T THINK THAT THE TILT-DOWN FEATURE WAS ON THE E34 IN 1990.  IF IT WAS, IT
DOESN'T WORK ON MINE, EITHER.  I DO KNOW THAT THE 7-SERIES HAD THE TILT-DOWN
FEATURE IN 1990.

(3)  "If the windows or the sunroof have been left open with a convenience
function, they may be closed by holding the key in the lock position until they
have closed."  What is a "convenience feature"?  And, how can I tell if my car
has one?  Doing the above closes neither the windows nor the sunroof, which all
open/close fine with the center console or door or roof switches.

NOT SURE ABOUT WHAT A "CONVENIENCE FEATURE" IS.  I DO KNOW THAT YOU CAN CLOSE
ALL WINDOWS AND THE SUNROOF BY DOUBLE-LOCKING (TURNING THE KEY 90 DEGREES) AND
HOLDING THE KEY IN THE DOUBLE-LOCK POSITION.  AFTER A COUPLE OF SECONDS, THE
WINDOWS AND SUNROOF WILL CLOSE.

<snip>

If I can help with anything else, let me know.  Good luck!

Regards,
Pete
90 5er
6877381@domain.elided