[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: <E28> Rear Window Shade

<I have seen a few E28s around that have a factory(?) window shade for the
rear
window.  It appears to mount on the parcel shelf and pull up and attach at
the
top of the window.  The shade material appears to be finely perforated so
that
you can see through it.>

    FWIW, I got a universal-fit unit from Hi-Gear for <US$20.  I'm sure many
other auto parts stores have them, but I hadn't seen any like it at Trak
Auto.  True, it's not factory, but it works, and I'm cheap (inexpensive, too!
:-)).

    It has 2 black fabric mesh roll-up panels, each ~14 inches wide and
covers most of the rear window area.  It attaches to the glass with suction
cups.  There are also roll-up window *films*, but I would suspect they would
make a lot of noise if any side windows are open.  Just something to keep in
mind.

Shadily yours,
Gary T
'87 535i,  '88 325is

"Daddy, if your floppy disks are magnetic, why won't my magnet pick them up?"