[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 323i cooling question

> From: My320i@domain.elided
> Date: Sat, 10 Aug 1996 13:25:22 -0400
> Subject: NEEDED: Cooling upgrade for a 323i? Any ideas?
>
> Everytime I go up a hill on a hot day my 323i likes to get hot (3/4). I
> installed an electric fan, and that did not help. I could be going 70mph but
> it still gets hot. I think I need a better radator. Does anyone know of an
> radator that cools better from a different car. I was told a pinto, or
> mustang? Please drop me a line if you know.
>
> Andrew

The 323i has different hose entry/exit points than the 320i, so you
can't use the same fixes as the 2002 and 320i.   I bought a new rad
from Hanerhaus BMW Teile (Roundel advertiser) and they sent me a 3-row
core version.  It was about $200 in 1990.  I called around and Hanerhaus
matched the best price for me.  I can't guarantee that they'll give you
the same part, since my original core was 2-row.  Lucky?  Upgrade/supercede?
I don't know.
Good luck.
(I miss my 323i.)
thi v.
'77 320i, '87 325i
dad's '87 325is
and a garageful of esoteric and useless parts (inquire within)