[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Chip in Paint

Folks,

I got my first really bad stone chip in a most unfortunate way this
week. A stone fell off a truck with a earth mover on it right onto the
hood of my car. Ok course any paint where the stone hit is now gone.
I'm dealing with the truck company to fix the damage.  According to the
BMW dealer bodyshop, the whole hood has to be repainted (approx $200) to
fix a small chip.

I would like to get some opinions on whether I should just touch up
paint the area or get the whole hood redone (assuming I get the $ from
the truck company).   What I'm afraid of is that the painting of the
whole hood may not be as good new.

Regards,
Floyd (Estoril Blue 96 M3 now with stone chip on hood!)