[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: <misc> european car + obd II

> dunno about VW's .. but I CAN tell you the code in the Siemens unit
> is a total of 256KILObytes of assember (328i/M3)

 >Certainly not a job for the faint of heart .. or those short on some
 >SERIOUS talent ..

 >Jim

Well, our chip-busting colleague is short on neither of these qualities.  So,
shall we expect a first draft say, mid-week Jim?

Seriously, I can see that the real challenge once the code is busted would be
for ham-fisted soldering iron wielders like me assuming I could afford to get
my hands on a Bimmer with OBD-II.  Can you say cold-solder joint?

Or possibly our draconian air-sniffers who may eventually insist upon opening
brain boxes to check for chip authenticity.  Just another freedom drifting
away.

Those people who brought you oxygenated fuel, now present the chip police
coming to an emissions station near you soon!

Bob Duckworth