[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<E30> '89 325i Headlight bulb replacement

Operating System: SunOS 4.1.4 1

If you just need to replace the bulb, just pull the black plastic
shield out from behind the headlights, give the bulb a 1/4 twist and
it's out!.  Insert new pulb using a cloth to prevent hand oil from getting
on the halogen bulb, installation is the reverse.  Takes me less than
5 minutes.

BTW My front left went out a week after the front right, so I'd
change them both at the same time.

This only applys to '88-'89 E30's with elipsoidal(sp?) headlights,
and may apply to E34's and E32's with similar headlights.

Dale

> Following the Bentley's manual, I found that you need to remove the front
> grill and
> take out the lens assembly to get at the bulb in the back...The grill was
> easy, but
> lens assembly removal was a nightmare!  There are 3 plastic "clip
> thingys" that you are
> supposed to "heat with a heat gun" to allow you to "remove the lens
> assembly".
> Not at all easy, and I ended up trashing all 3 to get the assembly off so
> I could replace
> the bulb.

> Chuck Huston
> chuck.huston@domain.elided