[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: <misc> european car + obd II

Chris Writes:

>With all this talk of the Sept. issue of European Car I went and
>bought it and it sure has lots of great BMW stuff.
>
>It also has some other interesting things... not specifically BMW but..
>One thing I noticed was that Neuspeed ( I think ) already has a chip
>for '96 + VW's with OBD II.

 I'll have to see that .. considering NO 96+ CAR sold in the US can
 legally HAVE a removeable CHIP ...

>Seemed to me general opinion was 'it's gonna be real hard' to chip the
>new computers with OBD II. I guess not that hard.

 I dunno about VW's .. but I CAN tell you the code in the Siemens unit
 is a total of 256KILObytes of assember (328i/M3)

 Certainly not a job for the faint of heart .. or those short on some
 SERIOUS talent ..

 Jim