[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<E30> A creaky, squeaky clutch pedal

This is my first summer with our '90 325is and I've been bugged by a
relatively trivial -- but surely annoying -- noise/feeling:  after the car
has sat in the heat for longer than a few hours, each depression of the
clutch pedal results in a *strong* squeak/creak.  It's the worst when
driving the car home from work!

Along with this squeak/creak is the whole clutch shudder at idle and general
loss of progression (meaning that the clutch takeup/release is less
progressive and more jerky/sudden).  I posted about the clutch shudder
months ago and was advised that the car's clutch release bearing was likely
shot (despite an otherwise healthy clutch), so is this combo of increasing
jerkiness and squeaking at all related?

Thanks in advance, digesters!  Many of you have been a great help!

I am soley responsible for the contents of this message.
Mike Faulhaber, Multimedia Developer
Andersen Telemedia
St. Charles, Illinois, USA

BMW CCA #127491